One of Petersburg's few remaining downtown Federal townhouses, 201 had sat vacant for decades on a busy corner where US Route 1 wound its way through the old city. During our investigations of the building we found that the back wall was in fact the only remaining wall of the original double dependency behind the original 1820 townhouse, the home of one of Petersburg's earliest mayors. Buried beneath a later floor was the original brick terrace that filled the space between the house and its dependancies. We were able to document and preserve the original brick floor augmenting it as necessary to create the new floor for two apartment units. Almost every piece of original trim and two original stairs were exising and were fully restored. All original walls were able to remain in place through the renovation and are clearly visible in the new apartments.